Thursday, September 6, 2007

I knew I would suck at this blogging thing

It has been 2 weeks since my last blog. I feel like I'm in AA. What the heck??

Ok, I'd have to say it's been slightly busy. So, I'm sure I'm forgiven, right?

First things first.... We are buying a house. Well, a townhouse. Again. Anyway.... we are making the big move to North Carolina now. We've been in MN at Eli's parent's house for 11 months. This was not the plan. Yes, we are 28 and 27 years old. Talk about losers, huh? Talk about the longest transition in the world:) They are great people, thank God!

Mom, if you are reading this before I get to tell you, I am so sorry. But I tried to call you today and you didn't answer the phone. So... we'll talk more later.

Here are a few pics of the new place. And I don't want to speak too soon because we haven't actually closed yet. But... here it is. This will be home for probably about 9 months and then hopefully we'll rent this one out as well. This is the plan.


I think I'm going to like it. We haven't even SEEN it yet. Just the pictures. Holy crap.... talk about crazy!??!! We are trading out the black appliances for stainless and I love the open floor plan. I'm all about open floor plans.... this way I can cook, see the kids, and hang out with Eli and his TV all at the same time. You know, I just don't feel left out with the open floor plan:)

So today Eli has been shopping loans and deciding on that. Very helpful that he was a loan officer for a while. Nice... Me, I've been working on the movers. Ouch.. talk about spendy. And there's no way I'm driving 1300 miles with a 2 year old and a 5 monther. Noooooo way. So... I have to arrange for auto transport and flights, etc. We are going to be so fricking broke. Oh well.

Then, get this crap. My renter in WA calls me and tells me that they are probably going to be leaving at the end of the month, on orders, to Carson. Could this happen to me at a better time? As if I have time to fly to WA and check them out of my place, get a new renter in there, etc. So I'm at the crossroad of selling or renting. Anyway.... we'll see if they even leave for sure. Then I'll deal with it. But DANG! And real helpful that the market sucks so bad right now.

So...... that's what we've been up to.

Eli leaves for work in a week and then I'll have to deal with the movers. We have to have everything packed and they load/unload. Which saves money. Cool. So, 1 week to get mostly packed up. This will probably be my last blog until Eli leaves. Then I'll be back to Ms. Efficiency and getting twice as much done in a day:)

Even though I haven't been writing, I've still been reading all your blogs. I love them.

3 comments:

jenny said...

holy crap girl! talk about busy! i think you have a free pass to be a slacker on the blog front. i was wondering what happened to you!

i hope that everything works itself out with the move. north carolina is beautiful. your new place is sweet. good luck with it all! can't wait to hear from you again when things settle down!

now this is the longest comment ever. whoops!

A Day In The Life.... said...

Congrats on the move! I hear NC is beautiful. Oh and don't worry. I bought our house without stepping foot in it too!
I'm sure everything will work out perfectly.....you will be busy though!

Kim said...

the new place looks great, jaime! good luck with everything... i have heard awesome things about north carolina... like, they actually have four seasons there, imagine that... looking forward to your return to blogging! ;) good luck!