Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Books, books, books

Tonight I'm online trying to get an order together of books for Naydine. I really want to get her some daily devotionals or a different children's Bible. The one we have is good/cute, but, I'm getting sick of it. And I love Jonah and the Big Fish, but I think it's time to tell a little more about the story. Maybe Naydine doesn't need something new, but I do.
I wanted to maybe buy a series of books, something age appropriate for 3. Any suggestions out there?? What's everybody reading to their kids??

We had 2 people come through the house today. Both in the market to make an actual purchase. So, that's great! I'd love to see an offer on the table. Which led me to start looking at a rental house for us. And when I found 1 house in this area, that we live right now, it got me thinking we need to buy a rental property. Wait, we need to buy a more inexpensive home and then just rent it out after we finish building. Aaaaaahhh..... just kidding. I mean, I think it's a good idea but, I just don't know that I'm down for it right now. They definitely seem to be in high demand.

I also want to welcome my friend Jessica to the blog world!!! Jessica's kids are the same age as mine. Naydine and G went to school together last year. Go show her some love!:)

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I've been looking for these kinds of books as well. I have a friend that might be able to recommend some good ones. I'll check with her and let you know!

Thanks for the 'shout out' on your blog :)

See you today?!

jessica said...

i could use some new books too. come on people give some recommendations!

Jessica said...

Hey- Here is the info I got from a friend....Ella Lindvall is the author and the books are Read Aloud Bible Stories.

I've seen these books in our nursery/preschool Sunday School classes at church, very cute and great pictures!

jaf

jessica said...

YO! where are some new posts, girl?

Pastor Kevin Wilson said...

Yeah I am not gonna lie, you have your blog looking really awesome. I think I am going to have to do some work on mine for sure!!!

Good Times!!!

:>Kevin

Jessica said...

my friend Loretta left a post on her blog (potluck ponderings) about some books...check it out.