Saturday, June 28, 2008

Minnesota, Here We Come

It's been 9 months since we left MN and now are making our first trip back.

Just wanted to look back and see what the kids looked like 9 months ago, comparing it with one of their recent shots together. Yeah... they look a little bit different. I'm laughing, though, because Naydine is still wearing those jammies and they are 18 month. She'll be 3 this August! haha... peanut!




I've also rented the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM from Rentglass.com. I'm pretty excited about it!! IT'S FREAKING HUGE, by the way! Put that thing on my little Rebel and I do a nose dive! But so far, SO COOL. Great in low light. Love it..... Plus, I love that wide angle. I don't think I'm ready to purchase this lens yet, but, I did want to see what it was all about.

We fly out Monday morning, early, so we'll have a full day on Monday. My grandpa passed away last week, so I missed seeing him. One of the reasons we were coming back to MN. The timing stunk on that one:( Here is a shot from him at his 80th Birthday party last August. We are all so grateful that we had this party! He was such a wonderful man!! I have so many fond memories of my grandpa, teaching me to play crazy eights and smelling like Old Spice...... aaahh.... I love him!


Maybe I'll be seeing some of you bloggers in MN!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH yeah you can see the few differences in the pictures of the kids, they have grown for sure.. Jer agrees with the many fond memories of grampa, he was a wonderful man no doubt!! wishing you safe travels as you venture back to MN!!!!See Ya

jenny said...

sorry to hear about your grandpa.

have a safe trip. i sure hope you can make it up north - i'll have to email you my number! it'd be great to see ya.

can't wait to see shots with that lens! have fun with it!

Mel said...

Are you coming all the way up north?!

jessica said...

sorry about your grandpa, jaime... that's a great photo of him.

so fun to see you, but hated it was RUSH RUSH! ugh. next time maybe we can hang more. the photos are GORGEOUS, just wait! i love them!

Amy said...

Sorry for your loss of your grandpa. What a nice picture of him!

Those pics of you and your family on Jessica's blog are awesome. You guys are gorgeous!