Monday, June 2, 2008

We Hate Insurance

Obviously, Homeowners Insurance isn't going to cover our TV. Which totally sucks because we have been paying for a rider that covers personal possession loss so that we don't eat the depreciation on the item.
The reason we are not covered is because somebody would have had to trespass into our house, we would file a police report, and then homeowners would cover under their peril of Malicious Mischief. According to me, Naydine did Malicious Mischief.
Now the TV is sitting in our garage. So I ask the agent a hypothetical question, "So let's just say the TV is now sitting in the garage and one of our ghetto thumping neighbors sees it in there and steals it out of the garage tonight. Would you cover it then?" And she says, "Yes, we'll consider that claim". But her voice was slightly hesitant. Hahaha... I was just wondering because they obviously have it on file now that our TV is broken. So I just figured they answer would be, it's an unusable item at this point and we will not cover anything where your TV is concerned.
Then I called a repair service and they laughed in my face. She tells me that it's most likely going to cost more to repair it than to buy a new TV. I don't see why it has to be that way. I should call Pioneer personally and really talk with these people. She says she's not certain and will call me back..... and the final the answer is: it would cost $2500 to buy the part we need and they no longer sell it. HA HAHAHAHA. Yeah, that TV is history. I just need to see if this servicing company would like to buy our TV for parts. It is useless to us.

So...... we also have a policy that covers jewelry, furs, stuff like that. However, there is no category for televisions. Trust me, I would have put it on the policy and claimed in 9 months when we move to the new house. The do have a column for guns and cameras. So, I did add those items to the policy along with my furs:) And this policy does cover for accidental (like, if your kids drop your camera, or if i do!) with no deductible.

I do love USAA so, I can't hate them, I just hate insurance. Even if I did sell insurance for several years.
Which reminds me I need to update some other insurances.

Everybody out there have their insurance up to date? With cameras on a policy as well??:)

5 comments:

Mary said...

Well that just bites!
My jewelry and my camera are covered (I think.) I know for a fact the jewelry is and I know we did talk about adding the camera. I'll have to double check.

jenny said...

insurance does suck. i've never had issues (knock on wood). i'm sure our jewelry is covered (you know, all those huge rocks i have) and well, i have to check on my camera and such. i've been meaning to do this, but haven't. maybe now is a good time. fun.

that sucks your tv wasn't covered. hopefully you'll be able to sell it for parts. :(

jessica said...

keep your jewelry and furs locked up and away from naydine! :)

Anonymous said...

you have furs?
Annie

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.