Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, baby


Naydine, I cannot believe you are 3. It's impossible. Well, 3 years really isn't that many. But 6lb 14oz, 19 3/4" long, tiny baby girl, was a long time ago.

You are beautiful in so many different ways. Your heart, it is sooooo soft. You love your family. And you love your friends. And animals. And your soon to be friends. You are a good girl. Yes, you have your moments, but you ARE good.

You do no like to look at my camera... so this shot surprises me. Thanks, honey. I really wanted a birthday picture of you!!

You are going to start your new school soon. Again, I can't believe you do school. You really love school. If you didn't love it so much, I wouldn't send you till you were going to Kindergarten. This year you'll be at the Sandhills Classical Christian School. And if all goes well, and mom and dad can afford, I hope you can continue going there while we live in Southern Pines. Pretty soon you'll be able to write your name. You can almost say your name right. I'm sorry we gave you a big name. Well, not really. But you used to call yourself Teenie Deenie. And now you are saying, "Daydine". Very cute. I love it. You know your birthday is August 10. I want to say all the stuff that you know, but seriously, we'd be at this forever. A long time ago, you knew your mom was "Jaime" and your dad was "Eli". No, you don't know our phone number yet. Let's keep it that way. You are only 3.

I think you weigh about 25 pounds. Your hair is getting THICK. Your eyes are more grey than blue now. You look identical to your mother at age 3, but way skinnier and your hair is curlier. Most of your pants are still 18 months, shirts are 2T. Your shoe size is 6.5. Right now your favorite movie is Veggie Tales: Moe's Big Exit. You love your Moose A. Moose stuffed animal, Baby Born, your snugglies and dresses. This year, Strawberry Shortcake was your party theme. I wonder what next year will be?? I love wondering what you'll want to discover next!

Honey, you melt our hearts. We don't want you to get any bigger. But you will and we are going to love you BIGGER.

We love you!
Mom and Dad

9 comments:

jenny said...

happy birthday naydine!

cute letter jaime! it is amazing how fast they grow up.

Mel said...

Happy Birthday Naydine!!! 3 years old...wow!!!

Jessica said...

So sweet!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to your little cutie!

Anonymous said...

i love the picture!!

happy birthday naydine!

Anonymous said...

Teeny Deany,
You little snot nose!
FYI, you will not be getting earings untill you are 12-13ish, NO highlights in your hair untill...well untill you can afford it! and no boy's till 23 ok 17!
Your the joy of my life!
Love you
Daddy

A Day In The Life.... said...

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Naydine!!

Hope you enjoyed ur many birthday gifts you got..and hope you are feeling better as well..

Yes indeed very cute letter jaime, its so sweet!!

Luv, J & L

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nay!!!(yesterday) I can't believe it... You are the spitting image of your mommy already and I hope it stays that way... Her big heart, spit-fire and personality is what makes her so special to me and you have all of that too!!! I hope you had a wonderful day and can't wait to see you in two months!!!
Love you guys,
Manda