Friday, February 22, 2008

Fun Friday

When I used to work in the office, particularly the first job out of college, I always used to call this day FUN FRIDAY. Until my boss called me into his office and said, "Jaime, I know you are excited it's Friday, but we need to still work."

Um, thanks for that pep talk, Todd Krafty.

As if I were taking shots of tequila and smoking cigarettes in my cube. Duh.

But today, Fun Friday is back on. Today is fun because

  • I got a new lens in the mail. Thanks to all you pros out there that recommended a great, inexpensive lens for me. Compared to the kit lens, this thing is bad-ass (FUN). Love it.
  • It's my 5 year wedding anniversary and Eli is coming home tonight. It's sure to be FUN, right?
  • I've talked with the realtor and sounds like we are going to be able to agree on a price for our property. Which means we could actually be going through with buying some land??!?!?!! You have no idea how FUN that is!
  • And, my kids are working on a 2 1/2 hour nap so far. That's really FUN, for me!

So there you have it.

I was going to post some pictures from our wedding to show what we looked like 5 years ago, but, I couldn't find any where I looked good and my tag was tucked in so, I just passed. Kidding. I don't know if we even had a digital camera yet so.... I'd have to scan a shot and post it. However, I did scrapbook a couple pages and took pics. So, I could post that. But, I'm not going to have time.

However, let me tell you the story of Eli and I getting married, in case you don't know.

Eli was in the Army in 2003. We were going to have a small, private wedding at the house on Valentine's Day. Eeww... I know. It's just a coincidence. But, his "boss" wouldn't let him come home for the weekend because they were essentially on call for SHOCK AND AWE. Y'all remember that terminology, right? So, the following week, I flew out to see him and we were married by the JP in a courthouse. Barely. Eli almost spent our money in the vending machine buying a Red Bull or something at the courthouse, we'd have been short to pay the judge. I knew it was all downhill from there, but, we're still making it:)

Then the following summer, July 25, we had a real type wedding. I had the dress (without the tag hanging out), we said the vows, ate the cake, had crappy wedding food, and I still miraculously was able to be BRIDEZILLA about the wedding. I look back and I don't know why. I mean, I could give you about 1000 reasons, but, they only make sense to me.

So, that's our short story.

And really, have a FUN Friday!

5 comments:

jenny said...

happy anniversary! that's one wedding story (or two) that you'll always remember! have fun tonight!

hey, what kind of lens did you get? i'm excited to see pictures!

Kim said...

happy anniversary! hope you get to do something FUN :)

and, good luck with the new lens!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Haha I just realized the expression on Nay's face in your header is almost the exact same expression as your blog profile picture!!! If there was ever any question she is her mother's daughter!!! Have a FUN FRIDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

i can't believe it's been 5 years since you got married. what a great celebration...i could tell a lot of stories about your wedding ;-)
love ya!

jessica said...

glad the lens is working out!! awesome. congrats on 5 years together... and glad you get to spend it together! have a great weekend. my blog