Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Peeing my pants

Ok, so a lot my friends on my blogroll haven't been updating today. So, I figured I'd go check out some of their friends. Holy crap, I've been missing out. There are some fricking hilarious people out there. Because I can't keep my big mouth shut, I have to leave comments. So in return, I've gotten a few comments back and, crap, it's pretty much been the highlight of my day. I'm sick.
And then the next thing I do, I have to see where they live. Because, NC is starting to get a little bit lonely with no friends. It's me, the kids, and sometimes, Eli. And no, I will not resort to getting an animal. I stand firm, no animals.

So, the casserole was just okay. It's something that picky kids eat. If I were really going to get at, I'd have added some sauted garlic, italian sausage, pepperoni, italian type seasonings, etc.
So my picky Naydine starts to give me crap again at dinner time. Oh, she likes the bread. It's just a crusty, french baguette smother in butter. So I go to give her a bite and she starts crying, of course.

Naydine: "No mommy, it's icky. Waaaaahhhhhh."
Mommy: "Naydine, take a bite of this or you are going to get a spanking."

Gulp.....

Naydine: "This food is AMAZING. It's dewiscious."

Now that's what I'm talking about.

4 comments:

Cass. Just Curious said...

dewiscious. I love when little kids use grown up words in the correct context but with their little kid pronunciation. My cousin Melissa would say Stupidendous instead of Stupendous...she's graduating from college in a few months that will definitely make the graduation card.

Jen said...

Too bad NC is about 10 hrs from me - I'm always looking for new "real life face to face" friends. Guess bloggy ones are okay, too.
You are an overachiever, aren't you? This is what I made for dinner - Skillet Sensations. You plop the whole bag's contents into a pan and cook it up, DONE! Yummy. Then again, I am domestically challenged.

Mary said...

I do the same thing when my blog reader is empty.........I start checking out other people on my blog roll's blog. That's how I found your blog!
You're kids are adorable! Have a great evening!

anne said...

Hi! I've read your blog a few times but I don't think I've ever commented. Judging by your blog roll, I'm guessing you somehow know Kim. Are you a Silver Bay-er? I'm Tom's sister, so Kim is my SIL. Anyway, just wanted to urge you after reading this post to NOT get an animal! We have a golden retriever and a 10 month old son, and since I've had the baby the dog TRULY drives me insane each and every day. Seriously.
On a happier note, how old is your little boy? He looks about the same age as my son (Ryan), but no walking yet for him. See ya!
(oh- my blog is www.fatj.wordpress.com)