Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Turn to Whine

I've been listening to Naydine whine all day. No, for 10 days straight. I'm really getting worn thin. I'm at the end of my rope. Which escalates all my other little issues in life.

First off, I need some help. How do I break a 2.5 year old from whining non-stop. She is going back to school tomorrow. Maybe that will help.... but it never has in the past. She gets time-outs, spankings, priveleges taken away, etc...... BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO BE WORKING. I know, it's consistancy that makes it all work in the end. But I see no end-in-sight.

Changing gears.... So tonight I wanted to download some of my pictures onto the hard drive, and I can only find 1 USB cable.... Eli, WHERE IS THE OTHER ONE?? DO YOU HAVE IT WITH YOU AND WHY??!?!!
I feel like everytime I want to try and get something done, it takes me 100 times longer than it really should. And I used to be a very organized person. Where is the old me?

It's just that I'm in a rut. It's bad. I can't even make dinner anymore. I bought a magazine at the grocery store today. The highlight, RECIPES FOR 320 CASSEROLES. What in the world.... I'm rolling my eyes right now. I don't even really like casserole.... how gourmet. I think my motive was, combine all those veggies with some sauce and noodles and I'll be able to get Naydine to eat it. Riiiiiiight. She's so skinny right now (being sick and not eating), her arm looks like a toothpick. She's just too skinny. I had to force-feed her tonight. Oh wait, that's every night. But tonight was exceptional. It was not pretty.

I was hoping this rut would end after I started working on the floors today. I normally just need to get into a project and my instincts take over. I'll be a speed demon and get tons of stuff done. Nope, not today. Matter of fact, I had to stop 1/2 way into the floors to take a break. Am I pregnant?? Um, I'd kill myself. My knees just hurt, I had to take a break. I mean, they only took me 1:15hours to clean them. It was ridiculous.

And that list I made, it's not really going anywhere. I'm kind of doing a 1/2 a** job. What I probably need to do is get off the computer, go to bed, get some real sleep, and try again tomorrow. Now that I think of it, I think I slept in Naydine's bed for a few hours last night and woke up to Dane screaming in his bed. Or was that the night before? I can't remember...

So what is it?? Am I just worn out from having sick kids or is anybody else in a rut? Is it the time of year.... are we all ready to explode out of the 4 walls that confine us? Not that it's even cold here. We were at the park yesterday and it was 72*, I think. Not today though, it was colder. So, I can't complain about the weather.

And if anybody has a good idea where to get a great desk, tell me. I've looked everywhere.... I have a couple options but I'm open to anything.

Once last complaint, why is the spell check not working on Blogger? Or is it just me? There are typos all over my post... and I'm too lazy to recheck it and the spell check won't work. Ugh..

Later Gator.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

OMG Porter is in a HORRIBLE whining stage lately. I. Can. Not. Stand. It. UGH. All day its "Mooooommmmyyyyy. I want my Mooooommmmmyyyyy" Or just petty little whining over NOTHING. If you figure out how to stop it, PLEASE send me the remedy! I'm considering moving out of town. Alone.

jenny said...

i think we could all start a support group. the past month with tucker has been horrible! this is insane! i hate this time of year. i'm ready for the temps you are having and i want to get out of this freakin' house! oh, and i NEVER feel like making dinner.

jessica said...

i don't have a 2 y.o. BUT i know about the rut! i thought i was pg for a while too, it was crazy. hugs to you... dinners have been take-out, pizza, or mcd's here. eeee.

Kim said...

i hope things go better for you soon. i think it's the time of year... everyone is crabby. EVERYONE.

and, i want a desk too and can't find one that isn't either crap or $3000. what the ?

Jen said...

Okay, first off - Hi, nice to meet ya. Secondly, no, you're funny! When I read your list of things to do I just laughed and laughed. My list these days goes something like Do one load of laundry this week and actually take it out of the dryer and hang the stuff up. Load and unload the dishwasher. Maintain sanity. If I accomplish all that I am proud!

Okay, now, about the whining. This is what I've done (I worked in daycares). Two options: Whine back at the kid. They will hear how ridiculous it sounds and stop. Or you'll just annoy them into submission. The other is to just not answer them if they whine. Say, "I'm only going to talk to you if you use your big girl/boy voice".

Cass. Just Curious said...

I bought a desk from West Elm - that's really great - I love it.
http://www.westelm.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?partNumber=WE-PRODf297&storeId=17001&langId=-1&catalogId=17002&viewSetCode=E&parentId=WE-SH1FRNSKS&retainNav=true&cmsrc=WE-SH1FRNSKS

I've found that there are weeks that the list works...and weeks the list just pisses me off. I say screw the list this week then. I always get more irritated when I do a shit job at things because I'm too lazy or unmotivated enough to do a good job.

If I had patience I'd send you some...instead I'll suggest the New Soul song with the la-la'lala's because it makes me happy and I believe it has that kind of power.