Monday, October 22, 2007

All the new things

The one GOOD thing about Eli being gone is that it makes me take notice to all the NEW stuff my children do in a 3 week span. Then I report back to him in detail how Naydine could possibly be smarter than her mom already and how Dane is now interested in putting his finger into electrical outlets. It's crazy....

When Eli left, Dane was crawling [around on the rug]. Now he follows me into the kitchen and crawls around on the hardwoods like it's no big deal. Right, tough guy. I should hand him a rag and some soap, while he's down there.

When Eli left, Naydine would say, "Dear Baby Jesus" before she prayed. Now, she sings her own little version of 'Jesus Loves Me'. Or actually, it's 'Jesus I Wub You'. Good Lord... it is so cute. And I've tried to get it on camera a few times, but she gets all weird about it!!

And.... I've spotted breakthrough for the first of the 2 year molars. Eeeks... Teething with Naydine has NEVER gone well. She seems to be taking it like a champ so far...
By the way, what is with kids and the underwear? She comes downstairs from a nap and this is what I see....


Before Eli left, Dane had 4 white walls in his room and no curtains. Now he has 3 white walls, 1 green wall, and curtains hanging by nails.

Before Eli left, our living room was all white. Now, we have an accent wall, which is a very COOL blue. I love it!!

Ok, those last 2 were new things that I did while he was gone, so.. yeah. Well, Naydine took one look at the new blue wall and said, "Wow mom, cool paint. It's blue." This is the crap I'm talking about. How smart can she get in 2 weeks??!! Hey, at least she didn't take a look and say, "That looks icky". Which it very easily could have been.

Today I ventured out and bought a car full of groceries. Not exactly easy with the children:) I just couldn't take it anymore. I wanted to go to the FRIDGE and look for dinner, not the pantry. I just need something FRESH! It sucks being on a grocery budget.... We just had it way too good at the Cox's!! Thanks again, Gary and Jill!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it. Especially the grocery shopping. :)

Cute pictures... did you ever manage to find a photographer??

Eli said...

Love the blogg babe.
Hope the new pictures turn out great!
See ya in a few days!
E