Friday, October 26, 2007

As I Get Older

As I get older, there is so much more I want to learn. Where was thirst for knowledge when I was in school and had endless hours to learn? It drives me nuts. Not that I live regretting anything I do. If I did it, I did it and that's that. Just don't do it again, LEARN.

I just want to be able to do things myself. If something needs fixing, I want to do it. No, kidding. I really don't. I want Eli to do it. I don't want to have to call the electrician and wait 4 days till he can come out and look at my electrical in my garage. I just want it done NOW. So, this thirst for knowledge come from my lack of patience? It's very possible.
I think the other reason I want to be able to do things myself is because people normally don't do things as well as you'd like them done. I'm always finding fault with work people have done for me. It's either sloppy, so they charged more than they are worth. People take FOREVER when you are paying them to plumb, tile, wire, drywall, etc. So I'm glad that Eli is fairly handy. And If he doesn't know how to do something, he'll take the 105 hours to figure it out. And, it normally looks great and I don't critique it. Is that how you really spell critique. I just spell checked it (so I don't look like a moron) and, it looks like I'm right? No way....

But the one thing I have to pay to get done are photographs. I would really like to learn this skill of photography. I think I've talked about it 100 times on here already. I just love all the work I've been seeing. So, if you don't mind commenting on how you started taking photos and getting so dang good at it, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks Jenny, for letting me pick your brain a few times! I'm not going to have time to get as good as you guys, but I'd like to take some great pictures of my little guys. I like to scrapbook. I mean, I never do it anymore. But, I'd like some great photos in their books when I finally do them. And when they get older, I'd like to take pictures of their events. I want to have their life, in pictures. I LOVE looking at great shots. Who doesn't? So, do I start out by just buying a camera and forcing myself to learn? What do I need to start? Just comment and tell me what to do.

I recently (just this past Wednesday) had the kids photographed. Of course, neither would cooperate at the same exact moment, but I'm not worried about it at all. Heck, if they are crying in pictures, that's the real kid. So, I don't even care. In about 2 weeks I'll see them and hopefully they are great. I think Naydine did great outside. I'm going to love those shots... I just know it. The weather was a little rainy, the leaves were colorful, and her eyes were beautiful. And Dane.... he was pretty much done by the time we got outside:) But he was beautiful, too!

Here are a few snapshots I took at home the other day. I had the camera out and trying to ready my manual, seeing if there was something I could learn. But, since I don't know the vocab, of course I didn't learn anything. And, I did buy a book on photography about 5 years ago. And in the 5 moves I've done since buying that book, I can't find it. Imagine that! I'm pretty sure I'd learn something from the book.
You've just gotta love my chubby guy. I mean, he has a huge belly. It's awesome!!




Naydine and I made pumpkin cookies the other day. This is her version of "frosting" them...






1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pics of the kids! They sure are getting big...miss ya!