Saturday, May 3, 2008

Twinkle Star

Last night, Naydine and I were just finishing up a Dora bedtime story where it asks, "And what do YOU wish for?". Naydine says, "My daddy....". Aaaaahhh, tear at my heat a little more why don't ya! Eli's only been gone 2 weeks. I can't imagine if he were still in the Army!


It was pretty stinking cute. She's been saying such funny/cute things lately:

  • I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."
  • "Good job, mommy! I'm so proud of you!", after a visit to the chiropractor.
  • "My heart is sad."
  • "My daddy's in heaven, working." Um, if you call the desert in California: heaven????
  • "I ate a turd sandwich." After she wakes up from a nap and has some raunchy breath.
  • "My papa's in Minn-a-soda."
  • "Change him, mama! Change him!" After Dane does a big job in his diaper.
  • "Faster, mama! Faster!" While driving in the car.

There's more, I just can't think of them at this exact moment.

She's also been extremely helpful! SWEET! She's in the stage where, if she can help me, she's all about it. Which is great, even though it's more work to let her help me:) But if she's willing, I'm taking that opportunity to teach her more stuff!! I wouldn't say that she's the smartest kid in her class, but, I think she's doing really well with her manners and being a good kid.

This isn't a milestone post, but, I have to say a few more things about her.

Naydine will be 3 in August, so, she's still 2 to me:) But she can help me make her bed, clean up her room, ask me to wash some of her laundry, water my plants and flowers, help her brother off the slide, feed Boo bites of yogurt, wipe up a mess on the floor, ride on the outside of the shopping cart, throw away poopy diapers in the appropriate trash can, help me bring trash to the dumpster, and sleep in a full size bed upstairs all by herself (which she's been doing for a year, but, she's really good at it now. hehe...)

She amazes me everyday. I think back to what she was like at Dane's age now. I can't believe how big she is! Ugh..... grrr.... DON'T GET ANY BIGGER!

At Dane's age now - Just a few days ago

5 comments:

Amy said...

I love the things that little kids say - these are so sweet! I hope all is well with you.

Anonymous said...

i cannot believe how big she is getting!!!! and i can't wait to see you guys, sometime!

Anonymous said...

when you find the pause button on her let me know where it is! she is such a big girl, sounds like little mommy :) and isn't it funny how they pick things up - expressions that you say! so very sweet...

Mary said...

What a sweet post :)
She is so cute! Don't you really just wish we could freeze time?!? :)

Anonymous said...

I have always loved that pic of her eating the cookie!!! She is getting so big, and sassy. Please stop her, I am missing it all!!! *tear, sniff* I can only imaging the things that come out of her mouth, considering she is a mini James!!! Love you guys...