Friday, September 14, 2007

Itemized list

Today:
Eli left for NC
Hopefully Libby has her baby!! I'm just way too excited to hear the news. Cell phone is by me, 24/7.

17th:
Car carrier could possibly be here (they give you a 7 BUSINESS day window. WTF?)

20th:
Movers WILL be here

21st/24th:
Closing on the new townhouse

25th:
The kids and I are flying to NC
The movers could possibly be delivering on this day as well.

So..... Any pointers on how to fly solo with your 2 children?? I have some ideas but I want to know if anybody has experience in this are??
I'm going to bring a seat for Dane to sit in. I'll bring Naydine's portable DVD player. Snacks. Toys. Vicodin?? Hehe... just kidding!! Any thoughts? Benadryl? Kidding!! No wait, I'm not. I actually read on Dr.Sears. com one time that you can give it to your kids for a flight and let the antihistamine (sp!!) take over. Put, don't overdose. I don't think I'm prepared for Benadryl this time.... but, I have done it with Naydine before.
One memory of the first time we flew with Nay.... She was about 3.5 months old. We are taking off, the nose of the plane is in the air and wheels on the ground, and she takes a massive dump. Was she scared... I don't know but damn, it was up her back. Has anybody tried to change a duke that big in the airplane bathroom. I had to bring the skymall mag with me and use that as a changing pad.... So, with the experience in my back pocket, I will pack extra clothing for Dane. Good thing I posted that or I probably would have forgotten by now.

Update on the rental house... I think my neighbor/good friend is going to rent it from me. What a doll..... I still have to get the final ok from her but, I just trust these guys to live in my house. I know they are clean, good people. So.... talk about taking a load off. And if they end up not renting it, then she'll help me getting it rented. Thank God for good friends!!

Well, off to keep packing and play with my kids. Have a great day everybody!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's me, Jana. Busy week for the Cox's, hey? I'm sure you have all the "flying with kids" thing down. But, here are a few tips for nay - The colored pipe cleaners to make different shapes. Stickers. PlayDo. Etcha Sketch. Books. Just in case the DVD doesn't cut it. For Dane, do the benedryl. It's so "taboo." What everyone has done it. The great teething tablets would work too. If not, hand puppets would be fun for him.

You and your luck with renters. What a relief!

jenny said...

holy crap girl you crack me up! i read your blog and remember all the crazy crap we did on the hockey bus...eeeek! i've never flown with kids so no tips here. good luck though! can't wait to hear all about it!