Monday, September 17, 2007

New Blog Colors

For Fall. Are my colors fall-like??


This is me trying to take pictures.




Today was a good day. I got to meet Lucy Johnson. Very cool. Paul and Lib rock at being parents. Learning how to tag-team it. It was great to see them. Lib looks awesome!! I think her face is skinnier than mine. WTF??!! hehe:) Good job Lib!!

I loved this picture of Lucy and Lib. They are just looking at each other in the eyes.... I don't think my kids did that at 3 days old. Precious.

So after I got home from Libby and Paul's, I thought I might get off the slacker-train and take some pictures of my kids. Since the weather changed from 40's to 80's (only in MN of course), I thought we could do outside and try to get some shots. Well, it's be helpful if I even knew how to use a camera??!!!?!! Some day... we'll see. Anyway, we're sitting in the grass and Dane rips out a huge handful of grass. Of course I don't have a picture of this, but, what a lug!! He's such a tough guy... I think he's going to ask for a steak tomorrow. It's crazy.




And my little outdoors-girl, Deany Cox. That was she calls her self. Or sometimes Naynay. Or Naydeany... depends on how good she's talking. She's awesome at saying Nasty, Raunchy, Disgusting, Stinky... as these are all the words I use when she's crapped her pants. Which, she pooped on the potty tonight, again. This is progress. Yeah!! She's got pee down, unless she's playing outside. She doesn't see the point of even taking the time to remove her underwear before peeing. So, she's kind of like her mom:) Kidding...
Here she is, all by herself on a horse. Yeah, this is my kid? I do not like animals. I had a hard time removing a tiny tree frog from the bathtub tonight. I think she's not like me in animal arena. Sorry Nay, NO DOG FOR YOU. However, equestrian is HUGE in the area we are moving to. So, I think I might be able to spring for some lessons. Until I see the price tag for the riding apparel and boots. Crap..... we don't have to buy a horse, do we?? Ok... dance lessons it is:)



Eli went and looked at the new house today. He thought that it was good. Not real big, that our garage will be full of our stuff so don't plan on parking in the garage. He said that Naydine's room was really nice. Vaulted ceilings, large, and she has her own bathroom. So..... that'll be fun. Let's see if she'll sleep upstairs by herself or if she's going to be scared. It'll be interesting.

Another thing I wanted to add to the blog was a recipe. I know, come on. Who even wants it, you know? But, if anybody needs fiber in their diet like I do, this is a good one. You know, fiber, the thing Americans don't eat and we're hungry for a snack 1 hour after eating a meal? Yeah, that's me. What, there's no fiber in chips? WTF...... no wonder I ate the whole bag. Anyway, I brought these for Lib today because they're good for getting things flowing.
This is from the Saint-Tropez Diet. Heard of it? Well, we tried it because you can drink wine on the diet. I thought I could handle it. Well, I pretty much loved all the food but it was so labor intensive, I couldn't keep up. And I'm a stay-at-home mom. How do working people do this diet? Well, they don't. But, if I can ever go to Saint-Tropez, GAME ON! Here goes....

Oat Bran Flax Muffin

1 c. flour
1/2 c. oat bran flour
1/2 c. flaxseed meal
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 1/2 T. cinnamon
1 t. ground ginger
1 1/4 c. carrots, shredded
10 ounces apples, diced small
3/4 c. walnuts, chopped
3/4 c. berries-raisin blend
1/4 c. canola oil
1 t. vanilla extract
2 eggs, mixed
1/2 c. milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Blend flours, flaxseed meal, brown sugar, baking soda, bkg powder, salt, cinn, and ginger in a bowl. Mix in carrots, apples, walnuts, and berries-raisin blend. Add the canola oil, vanilla, eggs, milk, and mix until well incorporated. Fill muffin pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Note: This recipe can be quite laxative.

That is honestly what is says, but, it's never worked like that for me. Which, disappointing since I probably at 6 muffins in one day.

Is this post long enough?? Geez.....

3 comments:

jenny said...

like the new colors! libby looks great (congrats if you're reading). love the picture of dane in the grass. :)

A Day In The Life.... said...

I don't bake much....where do you buy flaxseed meal and what is a berries-raisin blend? I'm going to give these a whirl if I can figure out what all the ingredients are. ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the long blog and the new look. Honestly, I really liked the midnight blue pok-a-dots. But change is good. You know, I didn't really know you didn't like animals. Hmm. I just thought Kash made you nervous because Nay was so little. Interesting. No, you do not have a buy a horse to do equestrian lessons. The outfit, yes. Expensive, yes.
K Bye
Jana