Sunday, March 9, 2008

Don't turn 1, Dane!

Here we are, 11 months. I can't believe my baby is going to turn 1 next month. You really are the most funny baby I know. Here's what you've been up to lately:

  • You can say, "Yeeaaahh Boo" and clap your hands with a beautiful smile as if you've just accomplished the most amazing thing in the world. Which, you have:)
  • You have a lower pitched laugh now, which makes you all the more boy. And you do a HA. HA. HA. laugh, which is totally fake but... really funny.
  • You can take about 10 unassisted steps and then you fall on your large buns.
  • You eat adult food at all your meals with out a single. tooth. yet. Where are they, Dane?
  • You understand the word nursey. You think it's a game. And you still nurse in the morning and at night. Oh, and maybe once during the day. You're weening yourself off, which I love. Good boy. Way to take control of the situation.
  • You are great at using your sippy cup, which was very unlike your sister at this age. She couldn't grasp the concept of tipping the cup back so she had to use the straw cup. You, can't use the straw yet.
  • Dane, you love to do somersaults and flips on my bed. You love the snuggly on my bed so you just keep rolling and rolling around. You think you are doing the somersault yourself which is the best part. You will also stand up and put your head down so that I will help you over for a real somersault. A sumo-gymnast, you just might be.
  • Dad cut your mullet off for real this time. You were nursing and he grabbed the scissors and had at your hair. The new 'do' looks a little blonder than the old 'do', I might add.
  • You are looking more like daddy.
  • You poop at least 3 times a day. What is up? You're killing me.
  • You love to terrorize and destruct. It's your sole mission in life. Under the kitchen sink, under my bathroom sink, any toy your sister has, and all computers. They're history buddy.
  • I caught you laughing for about 20 seconds at a cartoon on TV last night. Bad mommy. Cute baby.
  • You understand when you are in trouble and you can high-tail it outta there when you see me coming!
  • You love to be outside. It's where you eat wood chips, rocks and soil from my planter.
  • You still get so excited to see your mom and dad after you wake from sleeping. It's beautiful, the sheer joy on your face and the wind you create swinging your arms.
  • You whine and fuss when you can't find me in the house. You just keep crawling around, searching. It's so cute.... mostly because I'm in an obvious place and you don't see me. Typical man already:)

We love you D Boy... XOXOXO.

2 comments:

Mel said...

You should've let the mullet grow out...like long style;) He'd be the coolest baby in the south;) Jk. Happy 11 months Dane!!!

jessica said...

R does the Yeahhh, Yay, clap clap thing when J is playing with her basketball game. Isn't it a hoot! The step thing, one step and down we go. She doesn't even want to try. Go, Dane! Maybe in a few weeks, he does have that couple week edge, ha ha! He is SUCH a good lookin' little dude. Good post. I love reading milestones!