Monday, March 3, 2008

Seven Deadly Quirks

Oh man.

This first quirk would blow you all away if I was completely honest, so I'm not going to be.
I'm sorry if it's offensive. If it is, just click X on your browser.

1. When I am in public and I am about to walk past somebody who looks smelly/is obese and looks like their chubby rolls might smell/appears to not have showered in quite some time/etc., I will continue to hold my breath until I am a good distance away so I do not risk smelling any foul odor. I will actually blow all the air in my body out my nostrils, in case some smell has infiltrated my nostrils, so that I have a fresh breath of air. EVERYTIME. I know, I can't help it. It's a smell thing.

2. I hate wet socks. Please dry off before exiting the shower so that I do not step onto the rug and wet my socks. Ugh.... hate that.

3. I have to put lotion on after every shower.

4. I follow a strict bedtime routine, in this order: Floss teeth, brush teeth, wash face, apply lotion. If I brush my teeth during the day, I want to wash my face, too.

5. Once I get into bed, I have to put the covers in between my knees so they are not directly touching. And from there, I rub my legs together till I get too sleep. Eli is finally okay with it. But I know it used to drive Libby nuts if we ever were sleeping in the same room!

6. I, also, like to sort my grocery on the conveyor at the store. I'm starting to think this is not a quirk anymore, since I've seen it on a few lists.


7. My clothes are color coordinated in my closet. I know this is a stretch at getting a 7th quirk but... Eli's gone and can't help me point out all my craziness right now.

5 comments:

Amy said...

hi there,

just stopping by as i saw you link on my sister's blog. these quirks are funny, and i share some of them. i think it's so fun to read these.

take care!

jessica said...

i also can't stand to smell people. even if they smell GOOD. i can't take the chance. i have a crazy nose.

the rubbing your legs together... dang that's a brand new one!

color coordinated, huh. my clothes usually don't make it into the closet- ha ha!

thanks for sharing. have a great day!

Jen said...

The first one - I was in the Dollar Store the other day, and the woman behind me in line possibly hadn't bathed in a month. The smell was so bad, I was holding my breath, and trying not to pass out. By the time I got to the checkout counter I was panting, and the cashier probably thought I was a loon! Now I have to add the Dollar Store to the list of places never to shop.

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I think I can understand the smelling one. Except mine is with little kids and coming in from the cold. There seems to be a smell they all have from being out in the cold with runny noses or something. Gotta love winter!