Monday, April 14, 2008

Back to School

I've been trying to teach Naydine the song, Back to School from Billy Madison. Hehe.... She goes to that Terrific Twos school and been on Spring Break for the last week. No, we did not do Mexico or Disney World. We stayed home and enjoyed the nice weather, played at the park, and went on lots of walks.
Speaking of school, we saw one of Naydine's classmates in our "new" neighborhood where we are building. Cool..... small town.

This weekend was good. Nothing too exciting but, we did get our herb garden planted. We are looking at having Lavender, Sweet Basil, Rosemary, Oregano, Jalapeno Peppers, Roma Tomatoes, and some other type of Big Boy Tomato. Oops, I forgot the Cilantro so I need to go back and get that some time this week. The plan for this summer is to eat a lot of the food that is on the Saint-Tropez Diet. Oooohhhh, we love the food on this diet. It's just so labor intensive, so we have to modify from the recipes in the book. No... we are not dieting. We just want to eat some of that food again. Anybody tried that diet? French and Mediterranean cuisine. And yes, you CAN drink red wine, one glass a night.... That's what had us interested!
With the herbs/peppers/Cilantro/Tomatoes we'll be doing the Pico de gallo. Not sure on the spelling there, but I think I'm close.... Love this stuff. And also doing the large tomato slices with the fresh mozzarella, basil, oil/balsamic vinegar/garlic combo. Ooohhhh, love this too. Not to mention doing a bruschetta. Oh, I'm so ready for this stuff. I had a dream last night that I was showing Naydine the tiny tomatoes that had already grown on our plants in 2 days. Yeah, JUST DREAMING! Grrr....

Back in WA, we had a house showing this weekend. DID NOT GO WELL. Lets just say this.... one of my renters failed to leave the house and decided to jump in the shower when they were viewing. What the heck!!?!?!! AAAAAAHHHHHH! How can a potential buyer even consider a house if they haven't seen the whole thing? What a waste of her time. Plus, I find out that the house smelled like fish, the blinds were all closed up, trash hadn't been taken out, etc. So,that makes me sad. And the truth is, I can't make the renters clean up and make my house look good to show. But what I can do is make sure they get out of the house, after a 24 hour heads-up, so it can be showed. So... I'm pretty mad at the guy.

On a funnier not, I'm just watching the Democrats kill each other this weekend and today. Do they not realize they are just KILLING each other? Oh, it's so bad and getting so old.

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Glad you had a nice spring break week! You mean you didn't take them to like..... the Bahamas or Daytona for sprink break? he he

That's a bummer about your renter. Is he hot? If not, that would have been just gross to see him if I was a prospective buyer!!! lol

As for those dems, the cat fights should get good - sheer entertainment!

Mary said...

Your herb garden sounds nice :)
I am doing an herb garden this year too. My father-in-law starts it all for me. Once they are all ready I'm potting them on my deck.

I can totally feel your pain w/ regards to your renter. We just sold 3 condo's this past month (we owned a 3 family, converted them to condos to sell off individually). It is very difficult to get the renters to cooperate. One of our renters was as messy as can be! We did give her a little monetary incentive to get her to clean up and be agreeable. If you can do that at all, I recommend it. I think we would take $100 off her rent or something like that. It worked though!

jessica said...

that SUCKS about the WA house! that would make me just want to jump on a plane and pummel him! ugh.

i'm sick of this race for the white house. let's just put them in a cage together with boxing gloves.

jenny said...

man, i wish i still had a spring break.

i need to look into the foods for the saint tropez diet - or else i need to fly over and start eating with you guys. your post made me hungry! :)

good luck with the house - hopefully your renter gets with the program.

jessica said...

hey! thought you were working on a new, CONTROVERSIAL post?? where is it? i've been checkin'! have a great weekend, girlfriend!