Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Finally..... We are starting!

On Friday we closed on this piece of property and our construction loan. Talk about EXCITING. I'm a highly excitable person as it is..... and this is just right up my alley. I'm ready to go, go, go! Which, you know does not happen in construction. But, here is the first picture and I'm going to be documenting this process so we can look back on it and remember..... If you guys aren't all that interested in houses, it could be a boring 8 months for you! Kidding... I'll still post pictures of my kids! I know the rellies back home want to see the kids!



I took these shots of the kids while we were out at our property. They are going to love this land!




We are 1 mile from downtown on .91 acres. Here's the fun part.... Our builder and architect are going to be our neighbors. They are around our age and really nice, fun people. We had them to our house for dinner a few weeks ago and it went great. I really liked them.... good to know your neighbors before you build the house, huh? There is 1 neighbor that we do not know yet. They are going to start building as well. We'll probably all be on the same time line, I guess. Anyway, I guess that neighbor is young as well, so, cool!

This house will be our 4th house, so hopefully we can remember all the stuff we loved and hated about the last houses and do it right. I have a degree in architectural design (ok, only a 2 year but it still counts! ha!), so this type of thing is something I've been interested in for a long time. I feel like I'm all set..... I've made 2 trips to the cabinet store already and, there will be a few more, I'm sure.

Here are the highlights of this house:

  • DEDICATED TOY ROOM (can you tell the priority level)
  • DEDICATED OFFICE
  • LARGE, BULKY FURNITURE PIECE KITCHEN ISLAND
  • SCREENED PORCH WITH FIREPLACE
  • STEAM SHOWER IN MASTER BATH
  • TANKLESS WATER HEATER

There were a few more highlights that I would have liked, but, I'm coming to terms with my budget:) I guess I'd still really like a central vacuum but... we'll see.

It's finally happening! Yay!!! Once we break ground, I'm sure you'll see another shot. Until then, I'll try not to bombard y'all with the details!

8 comments:

jessica said...

so VERY exciting! i'm excited for you. love those tall trees. you're not taking any of them down, are you?

Mary said...

Congrats! That is very exciting :)
I'm curious about your build. We are considering building as well. We'll definitely be looking for land or a house very soon. I may email you to pick your brain about this process if you wouldn't mind :)

Amy said...

I look forward to seeing the progress that you make on this project. It must be so exciting! I wish you well!

Mel said...

SWEEEET!!! That looks awesome!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

jenny said...

oh - what a great adventure! :) i would love to do the same someday. can't wait to follow the progress.

Happy Days said...

That is so exciting! Congrats! It will be fun to see the progress!

Jen said...

That is so great! So exciting to start from scratch and build a house that fits your family.
P.S. I finally took those shots, but haven't had time to post them yet. I'll do it soon. Thanks again for your help.

Travis said...

yes i want to see progress pics (for obvious reasons)!! and i'm so jealous of the architectural degree (even if it is 2 years)...i LOVED all the drafting we did back in the day. unfortunately the air force is more interested in building planes instead of buildings so i had to modify my dreams :) email us with any details you have set already (how many stories, rooms, etc etc...you know the drill)