Monday, April 7, 2008

My friend, Ruthie

So, my girl Ruthie asks me if I want to take some of these candid type shots for her. She has this magazine and there are some shots in there that she really likes and wants to try to duplicate them.

Umm... sure? I'll try.

But, GET THIS. Her husband is like.... um, pro. He's the one who hooked me up with a few lessons, a bit of memory (ok, it was more like 16GB), and......... an editing program:) Thanks Tu! Don't laugh at me, I'll get better:)

I don't think I really achieved the shots that she wanted, but, she still looks beautiful and it was a lot of fun.
She did two types of shots, natural and then we did her hair and makeup. Talk about getting some girl time in, something I don't really do anymore. So, thanks for the fun time Ruthie and I hope you like them!!








Ok, then to top the day off..... We head over to On the Border where I ate about 10 pounds of yummy, salty chips. Oooooh, so good.
To the mall, but it's closed so we have to settle for Kohl's. And anybody who's read my blog for a long time, you know how I feel about Kohl's. But anyway, I have to confess, I accidentally stole a pair of Seven jeans. I'm not kidding... it was so bizarre. I paid for a huge bag of stuff, walk to the car, throw it in and start to get in noticing them hanging over my arm. They completely blended in with the color of my jacket. Aaaahh.... needless to say, I didn't bring them back inside to pay for them. I guess I feel better about my crappy experience with the sheets now.
And what's with Kohl's selling Seven jeans? Oh, I'll tell you. They are aaaalllll messed up with the sizing. And the insides don't feel that great either. Not soft.

Well, that's my drama for the weekend. I'm off to read blogs.....

7 comments:

jenny said...

good job on the shots! she's pretty!

Mary said...

Great shots Jamie! Your friend is so pretty :)

Do you use a back drop at all (such as in the first picture)?

Anonymous said...

they look great jaime! she's really pretty!

jessica said...

well look at you! you didn't say i could find more on your blog!!! beautiful.

Happy Days said...

Great pictures! She is beautiful! Glad you got even with Kohls!

jessica said...

i forgot to add this - I HATE KOHL's. not because of the store or the stuff in it - because they screwed with my credit! GRRRRR!

Mel said...

Very beautiful pictures Jamie. You rock!!!