Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Big guy, you turned 1

I can't believe you turned 1 on me, Dane. It was a year ago, I was going in to get the gels for induction, and the gels put me into labor. And there you were... you looked buff the day you were born. Big chest and arms, skinny waist and legs. So cute.... Dang, you've been a good baby. And I say "been" because.... it's all starting.

You turned 1 and you got a set of new wheels (your walking abilities) and a scream to match. You walk around the room and make a mess EVERYWHERE. You start in the shoe bench, rip all the shoes out. Then underneath the sink. Next to the cupboard with garbage bags. Next is the Tupperware drawer (which, by the way, is the only one you truly are allowed). Tupperware is all over the house..... And now you think you can dig in the bread drawer, pots/pans, baking drawer, water bottle drawer, under the range.... MUST I GO ON? And I have to document this because your dad and I clean this up non-stop. It's all you do.

The new thing is to open all your dresser drawers and try to climb to the top. Yes, to the changing table where you are crapping yourself approximately 8 times per day. I'd bring you to the proctologist, but, sounds like your peers are in the same boat. My word.... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I'm putting you on a fast. Especially after you crapped on the bathroom floor, after your bath, on your big day. NASTY.

Your communication skills are getting better. Well, not better. You are just trying to communicate. I think you signed at me the other night and we don't do sign:) haha.... I think it was the sign for milk or more... I'm not sure. But I laughed and thought how I'm the "bad" mom who doesn't sign with their child, but, mine will teach me sign:) You holler at me for your juice cup. This is going to last about 6 more months before I make you start acting like a human being about it. When the train goes by, you say, "Choo, choo!". Oh my word, it is cute while you are blowing the whistle. I'm pretty sure you were saying, "Nay, Nay" at the table the other night. Impressive... considering I'm not sure how you can even like her, she's so mean to you:) You're probably going to start beating her up any day now. Heck, you had 2 handfuls of her hair and she was beating you in the back trying to get you to let go. Game on, children. I will bop both of you!

In the last 2 days, your walking has become great. The light switched on and you went from baby steps to running. Well, running 15 steps and falling down. Getting right back up again and off you go. You think you're pretty cool now. And, you are. Even when you fell 1/2 way down the stairs on your big day. You were really hitting the wall, party boy. You did quite a few firsts on the birthday!

Son, we love you and are so glad you've been in our lives the past year. Just try to clean up the toys when you're done playing with them, okay? Here are a few photos from the day. Love you Boo!

The birthday waffle

Blowing out your candle! ha...
(This is actually your newest facial expression.)

Loving that birthday cake.



Your walking video

11 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to your little man! These pictures are gorgeous. Hope you had a great day! =)

jenny said...

oh! great post! happy one year to dane! :)

jessica said...

happy birthday! i was waiting for this post yesterday :) and on the video - i was like - grab that kid he's gonna run off the edge! happy friday.

A Day In The Life.... said...

Happy Birthday!!

Your pictures are fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday dane!! i love the pics and video!

Mary said...

Happy Birthday to your Babe!
He is a cutie pie :)
Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Great pics. What a cute little man!
Happy 1st Birthday Dane. If you guys were here in MN he would be needing a full out snowsuit to try and walk outside now.

Travis said...

happy (late) birthday dane! love the pics and all the stories!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your little guy! Here I thought I was the ONLY mother around who has decided to not do the signing thing. I figure he'll learn how to speak soon enough, and until then, I pretty much understand what he wants from the screams and pointing:)

Happy Days said...

What a cutie! Great pictures!
Happy Birthday to your Babe!!!

Anonymous said...

I love looking at pictures and these are the cutest!!!