Saturday, August 18, 2007

New Interests

So I've been thinking about a few things that I want to do before.... well, before I realize I'm a loser with nothing to do.

Anyway, here's my small list.

1. SEW

I'd like to re-learn how to sew. Sorry Mrs. Yoki. I just don't know how to sew anymore. And I want to be able to make some of my own things. Nothing big, maybe some accent pillows or drapes. Who knows. I just am finding myself looking for very specific pieces and can never find exactly what I want. Or, if I do, it's probably out of budget. Not that I'm real cheap or anything but, I have to draw the line sometimes. I've been looking at sewing machines. I think I can get one that's decent for $200. I'm sure this will be a phase, like when I said I wanted to start running again about 3 weeks ago. The outcome being 3 walks and a 1 mile run. That is NOT considered running again.

So my aunt Becci gave me a sewing machine about 4 year ago. I think I still have it, in storage of course. But I don't know how to even thread the damn thing. Probably 3 years ago, I tried to look online to get some sort of instruction and didn't find anything. So, I figure this new hobby is going to take a new machine (with user manual) and possibly a class or two at JoAnn Fabrics. Or, maybe Eli's aunt could give me a few pointers.

2. Take nice Photos

This is going to require a new camera. The one we have is nice. We spent decent money on it. But I'm ready for something with a lens.... oh yeah. Which means, do I need to find that photography book? Well, I can't get anything too complex though. I don't have a lot of time to learn. I just want a decent camera that produces fabulous pictures. Hehe.....

3. New Business

I want to start a catering business called Nayders Caders. I have to give Eli the credit for that name. Isn't it great???? I want to just start super small by doing lunches for a company that Eli works with. It would be fairly simple and I would still be able to stay home with the kids. Maybe I would just stick to doing the lunches but, I could branch out.... couldn't I? I love food.... so, would I like to put together food for large quantities of people? I don't know yet. Is there any money to made in catering? See.... I still have research to do.

So, the one problem with sharing dreams and goals to people is that you kind of feel held accountable. I learned this while working with Bankers (the insurance company). It's all part of being self-employed, which really means self-motivated. Which is hard. So if you tell people your goals, then you feel like you HAVE to do them. Right???

I'm not really bored. I just feel bored.

0 comments: