Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Step on a Crack....

Break your mother's back.

Ok, not literally broken but I am LAID UP. I guess I've over worked my lower back muscles. I couldn't walk, couldn't sit, couldn't pee. These back spasms are right up there with labor. It's ridiculous and very embarrassing. I've never had anything like this before and I am feeling really bad for all those people out there who have chronic back pain and back surgery. How do you people get anything done in life? I'd be drunk and high on Vicodin to deal with the pain.

Since I'm not able to do anything, Eli is starting to get the idea of parenting alone. It sucks. And I thought that I would be able to lay here on the couch and read my book but, the Vicodin knocked me out. Which rocked, so no complaints there. This wasn't the mini vacation I was looking for.

So the moral of this story is to use proper form and not over do it when lifting and caring for your kids.

I'm having a hard time gathering my thoughts. I'm going to regret this drunken post later:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should we call it Big Baby Syndrome? Because, yeah, I could very well develop that too. :) Hope you feel better, take it easy!

A Day In The Life.... said...

As I've learned from the lovely Occupational Health dept here at the hospital...it's very important to use the proper lifting technique. Lift with your legs not your back....especially when you have an 18lb baby! ;) Hope you are feeling better.

jenny said...

i'd love to have a drug induced vacation. :)
hope you feel better soon!